input and variables in kickstart scripts?

Hello,

Is there a way to prompt for user input, say, as a part of the %pre section
of ks.cfg?  I'd like to make a boot floppy that prompts just for a
hostname/IP number and then uses that information to configure the network
device.

Also, as long as I have your attention, I'm curious if anybody knows why the
following snippet from %post doesn't install OpenOffice:

mkdir /mnt/nfs1
/bin/mount -t nfs 10.32.227.69:/backups/Additions /mnt/nfs1
cd /mnt/nfs1/openoffice1.0
./install --prefix=/usr/local

(This sequence of commands works well outside of kickstart.)  Thanks for any
information.

Andrew Leahy