-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of
jeff ctr vandenbussche tc faa gov
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 9:42 AM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: Defining password in ks.cfg

We are trying to uplevel our kickstart install from 6.2 to 7.2.  We are,
however, having trouble defining the root password in ks.cfg.  We are using
the same password as in the 6.2 ks.cfg, but 7.2 seems to truncate the
password to the 1st 8 characters.  Is there a parameter that needs to be
passed when setting the password to go beyond 8 characters, or is something
else wrong.  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff