Creating an empty partition (for raw device)

Hello,

The system I am developing uses a rawdevice to store data.
For this, kickstart needs to create an empty partition. The 'part'
command could be run (I would suppose) with the '--noformat'
option but the mount point looks mandatory.

How do I just create a partition and nothing else?

TIA.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard ntlworld com

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.