Re: undoubtedly easy question about customizing syslinux.cfg

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > now say i wanted to create a custom boot floppy that automatically
> > did a floppy-based kickstart install.  i can see a couple of different
> > ways to do this:
> >
> > 1) just change the default line to read
> >
> >   default linux ks=floppy
> >
> > 2) add a new stanza with a label like, say "ks", that had the
> > ks=floppy option appended to the list of options, and have the
> > default line
> >
> >   default ks
> >
> > leaving the original linux stanza where it was.
> >
> >   will either of these work?  is one recommended over the other?
>
> Either of these will work.  I prefer the latter, so that I could do a
> 'regular' install if I wanted to.

not to be picky, but you could still do a 'regular' install, no?
that would just involve explicitly typing "linux" at the boot
prompt, wouldn't it, since the original linux stanza would still
be there.

granted, though, i prefer adding the extra stanza for clarity.

rday