Re: Creating an empty partition (for raw device)

On 2002.06.25 15:30 Amy Tanner wrote:
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:57:27PM +0100, Ian Leonard
(ileonard ntlworld com) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The system I am developing uses a rawdevice to store data.
> For this, kickstart needs to create an empty partition. The 'part'
> command could be run (I would suppose) with the '--noformat'
> option but the mount point looks mandatory.

I could not find a way to do this and I needed a raw partition as well.
I ended up just removing it from /etc/fstab in the %post.

Yes, I tried various different options but nothing worked. In the end I did this in the %post.

fdisk /dev/hda<<!
4

! Not elegent and I haven't really tested yet but it seems to work. It assumes
the raw device is on partition 4 (which it has to be) and doesn't require a
lengthy format.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard ntlworld com

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.