Re: Xconfigurator --kickstart

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> that's interesting, since there are some fairly recent bugzilla
> submissions regarding Xconfigurator --kickstart.  are you saying
> that this is a deprecated usage of Xconfigurator?

It's certainly not being actively tested and maintained inside of Red
Hat.

> i could have sworn that the kickstart "xconfig" directive supported
> a "--kickstart" option, but it's not documented in the customization
> guide.  would that be the preferred way to do things these days?

Yes, and it's *always* been the recommended way. A couple of years ago
it did run Xconfigurator w/ the --kickstart option (just like we used
to run timeconfig, kbdconfig, mouseconfig, etc) but w/ Red Hat 6.1 that
changed (for the better).

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |