Re: using ks only for package selection

--On Thursday, June 27, 2002 03:13:21 PM -0400 "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday mindspring com> wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Bruce Lowekamp wrote:

Thanks for Forrest Taylor for quickly responding that this method works fine WITHOUT the "interactive" keyword.

I think I will not even begin to try to figure this one out, but surely
this is a bug?

i don't think so. the directive "interactive" means that, although kickstart will use the information from the ks.cfg file, it will allow you to interactively inspect and modify the information screen by screen. which sounds exactly like what it was doing.

Um, what it did was apparently try to repartition my drive without giving me any partitioning options, then when it failed, display an error message with no option but aborting the installation and rebooting. That's not even close to "interactive." In fact, it seems like exactly the opposite.

Bruce