can't find ks.cfg when booting

Help!  I'm new.  I have created a bootable CD-R for a 7.2 install.  I created a ks.cfg that is on the CD's root.  When I get to the boot prompt, I enter linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg  (or ks=cdrom:ks.cfg)
 	The install returns the message "can't find /tmp/ks.cfg"
	The kickstart works fine from a floppy but that, nor DHCP is what I want to do.
	Any suggestions, clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Mary V.