Re: Dynamically sizing swap by memory size?

Jason> 7.3 has the "--recommended" option for sizing swap partitions:

Jason> -----
Jason> swap

Jason> The partition will be used as swap space.

Jason> To determine the size of the swap partition automatically, use the
Jason> --recommended[1] option:

Jason> swap --recommended

Jason> The minimum size of the automatically-generated swap partition will be
Jason> no smaller than the amount of RAM in the system and no bigger than
Jason> twice the amount of RAM in the system.
Jason> -----

Jason> but this doesn't look quite like what you want.  It probably wouldn't
Jason> be too difficult for you to edit the logic a bit.

The question is, can I just take the 7.3 Kickstart boot floppy and use
it with my 7.2 system installs?  Time to try this out.

It would be nice if we could get the source of kickstart to hack on
and improve and feed back patches.

I'd love to be able to have a -<package name> option in the %packages
section, as well as more control over partition sizing and placement
options.

John