Re:

For blind people it doesn't matter whether xconfig works or not but for
sighted people if that doesn't work they may as well install slackware.
For a quick way through xconfig and this may not be optimal but usually
works try:
xconfig --kickstart <cr>
in a kickstart script.  I end up using that since the xconfig screen
interface makes me want to hurl whenever the program starts up interactively
and I can get xconfig to work well enough that a sighted friend can also use
the computer to help fix things up or figure things out I've been unable to
do.

Jude <dashiell starpower net>

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered