Re: accessing files on boot floppy

Amy Tanner wrote:

I currently kickstart a box from a boot floppy and install from http.
In the post, I'd like to run some additional perl scripts that are on
the floppy.  How can I access the floppy drive to run these scripts?
I've tried the following in the %post:

%post
mount /mnt/floppy
/mnt/floppy/file.pl

I realize I could put the entire contents of these files in the %post
but I'd rather keep them as separate files for maintenance purposes.

I also realize I could mount them from an NFS dir but we would prefer
not to use NFS.

I see RH 7.3 has an include function - how does that work?

Thank you.

Do an Alt+Ctrl+F2, and type `df` to see if the floppy is already mounted. If so, use %post --nochroot to copy them to the local filesystem, and then run it in the %post section.

Forrest