Re: accessing files on boot floppy

Amy Tanner wrote:
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 03:01:47PM -0700, Taylor, ForrestX (forrestx taylor intel com) wrote:

Amy Tanner wrote:
Do an Alt+Ctrl+F2, and type `df` to see if the floppy is already mounted. If so, use %post --nochroot to copy them to the local filesystem, and then run it in the %post section.

No, it's not mounted, although I'm booting from it.  I believe the
contents get loaded into ramdisk and are not accessible :(

if the mtools package is loaded during the install, you can use the mcopy command to copy files from the floppy to the hard drive. I did this in a Red Hat 7.0 kickstart install.

Jason Edgecombe