Re: redhat updates add new prerequisites (huh?)

Amy Tanner <amy real-time com> writes:

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 04:33:42PM -0400, Chip Turner (cturner redhat com) wrote:
> >
> > Yep. The -Fvh slip was a result of boilerplate text.  The perl errata
> > requires -Uvh; when using -Uvh, it should work properly.
> >
> > (shameless plug) Also worth noting is that up2date solves all of the
> > issues; rhn_register will set your machine up, and up2date will
> > deliver updates.  https://rhn.redhat.com/ for details.  It's free for
> > home/individual users, so it may help in this case.  :)
>
> Really?  Is that a change with 7.3 because I understood it was only
> free for 6 months.

Nope, it's been that way for about a year.  Everyone gets one free
demo slot when they create an account.  Some boxed sets come with one
or more slot for a limited amount of time, but the original demo slot
doesn't expire.

Chip

--
Chip Turner                   cturner redhat com
                              Red Hat Network