not enough disk space on "/" (multiple part instructions)

Hi,
I'm trying to get the redhat-7.3 installed from a kickstart file.
I am stuck on a problem with the packages size so it won't install
further. I'm told by anaconda that I am missing 3088M on /.

The problem is that I have specified myself the size of / with a part
instruction in the kickstart (250M), but I do have a /usr partition of
3.5G and some others (home, var, etc).

The partitions show up allright (with autostep), but it seems to insist
on installing everything under /. I even tried giving / 4G, but I get
the same error. The only way I've seen it work will
only install when I only have / and a swap partition (in interactive
mode).

What's up with that? Has anybody else seen this bug?

Thanks a lot.
--
Philippe Gendreau
phil xmailer ods org