Re: kickstart of 7.3 with small "/" and big "/usr" just won't work.

* Steve M Bibayoff <smb23 csufresno edu> [2002-05-29 17:53]:
> How big is /tmp?

Here's an example of a partitions specification
that will cause the problem:

clearpart  --all
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=64
part /     --fstype ext3 --size=256
part /usr  --fstype ext3 --size=4096
part /home --fstype ext3 --size=1024
part /tmp  --fstype ext3 --size=512
part /home --fstype ext3 --size=1024
part /var  --fstype ext3 --size=512
part swap                --size=512

I tryed with more options too, but it doesn't seem to change much:
If I do it interactively I can see that it get the partioning part right
(partitions are there) but it is choking on / size when evaluating
if space is needed. I find it weird that even if I make / bigger
I still get the same error. The only way I could find to make it work
is to comment out that part out and do the partitionning myself
(even then, if / is too small I get the error),

problem is I need to be able to do the install remotely...

thanks
--
Philippe Gendreau
phil xmailer ods org