Re: 7.3 Kickstart - seems broken

On Fri, 31 May 2002, rpjday wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2002, Tom Diehl wrote:
>
> > You are not filing bugs in buggyzilla?? As much as I hate the thing sending
> > them via email to someone may or may not work. Filing them in buggyzilla
> > means there is a record of them and anyone can tell what has already been
> > submitted so as to avoid duplicate work.
> >
> > Please, put these in buggyzilla!
>
> generally, i do, when i find problems that are software-related --
> things that don't work properly, etc.
>
> but as i go through the customization guide, i've already flagged well
> over a dozen errors/ambiguities/typoes and so on.  while i dearly love
> bugzilla, there is no way i'm going to go thru the grief of firing
> it up to document a typo in a manual.  given the number of little
> things i've found, i'd spend half my day talking to bugzilla.
> and that just ain't gonna happen.
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  now, if i could enumerate all of these typoes in a single text
> file and, at the end, submit that entire file as one submission,
> i'd consider that.  but bugzilla doesn't give me that option.

You can do that. Basically as I see it you have 2 options:
1. Since you have to type the corrections anyway you could make a copy of
the original file, correct it and do a diff -uNr on it. take the resulting
patch and submit it to bugzilla as an attachment.

2. If that is too much like work simply take your changes and file them
as an attachment.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....