Re: [RH8] User Input during %post

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:58:31PM +0200, Cipriano Groenendal wrote:

> Is there an easy way to capture user input in a %post script? I tried
> redirecting the entire script's output to /dev/tty1 (It's a seperately run
> post.sh script/file), but that didn't work that well either. ANyone else
> ever used dialog, or similar tools, to capture user input?

Yes, check the archives, it's been covered here many times.  You need to
redirect the input and output to the script, generally done like this:

chvt 3
some_dialog_script < /dev/tty3 > /dev/tty3
chvt 1

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email jasonkohles com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)