Re: redirect Kickstart %post output to serial console/port

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Marcos A. Mondragon wrote:

>I've been searching the archives in an attempt to determine if it is
>possible to echo/print out information to the serial console/port during
>the installs %post section?

I believe that, unless you redirect them, the stdout and stderr of the
%post script are already connected to the serial console, when doing a
serial kickstart (i.e. using "console=ttyS0,9600"). So no special
redirection is necessary.

"ls -l /proc/self/fd" might help prove this (untested).

Cheers,
Phil