Re: modifying isolinux.iso / Red Hat 9

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:17:08AM +0200, Cipriano Groenendal wrote:
> When I mount it as a loopback file system with
> mount -o loop,rw isolinux.iso /mnt/loop/
> cp: cannot create regular file `./isolinux.cfg` Read-only file system
>
> I've used this technique with bootable floppy images.  Am I missing a
> switch to mount, or something?  Note, it doesn't matter if it's mounted
> with -o loop or -o loop,rw -- it still mouhts as read-only.

iso9660 is a read-only file system, you can't mount it read-write, no
matter what you try, you need to copy the structure into a directory,
make changes there, and then rebuild the iso9660 filesystem with mkisofs.

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email jasonkohles com                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)