adding new hardwarde in hardware database of installation.

Hi

I have the following problem while kickstart installing a machine.

The monitor is not in the hwdata databases.

Therefore during installion the probing of the monitor work ( it detects
that it s a viewsonic E95 ) but as this monitor is not in the
MonitorDB file in the netstg2.img file i only got defaut hsync and vsync
value which are too more conservative.

Then i would like to modifiy the MonitorDB file to add a line for my
monitor.
My problem is that i didn't fine the eisa id of this monitor.

Is there a way to make the "dccprobe" while the computer is installed?

I guess i could get it from the monitor. Am i right?

After that i guess i could reconstruct the netstg2.img file in order to
incorporate the modification.

I could use the hsync and vsync parameter in my kickstart file but i
would prefer let the kickstart the more generic.

Thanks in advance for any help

--
Eric Doutreleau <Eric Doutreleau int-evry fr>