From: "Skahan, Vince" <vince skahan boeing com>
To: <kickstart-list redhat com>
Subject: RE: Kickstart with minimal install adds more files
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:55:43 -0700

But you can specifically exclude items you don't want by specifying them with -packagename and get the list back down to something smaller.

I got about 75 packages out of my minimal installation
that way...

--
---------- Vince Skahan boeing com ---------
   Connexion by Boeing - Cabin Network

-----Original Message----- From: seth vidal [mailto:skvidal phy duke edu] Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 9:53 AM To: kickstart-list redhat com Subject: Re: Kickstart with minimal install adds more files

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 12:45, p p wrote:
> Hi, when I do a RH9 install manually, with the minimum config, it usually
> ends up being around 500mb. When I try to do a kickstart with no packages
> selected, it ends up being around an 800mb install. I checked the packages
> between the two and there appears to be a few hundred extra rpms. Any idea
> whats happening? Thanks.

@Base gets installed no matter what in a kickstart.

-sv