From: Taylor, ForrestX [mailto:forrestx taylor intel com] Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 9:51 AM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Including nonstandard RPMs in the KS install

Robert Denton wrote:

Hello all, I am trying to put together a RH kickstart file that will
include
nonstandard rpm's in the %packages section.  Does anyone know how to do
this?  For example clamav (antivirus) or apt-get for RH, stuff like that.

Just add it to the %packages section:

%packages
@ Workstation Common
clamav
apt-get

Forrest

Adding RPMs to the %packages section won't work unless you modify comps.xml and rebuild hdlist and hdlist2. To do this, follow the instructions here[1].

A quicker and easier way is to simply install the RPMs in the %post
section.  You'll have to mount the CDROM first which is described
here[2].

[1] http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html
[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2003-June/msg00109.html

--