Re: Bootable CDROM Media Query

Simper, Brian D wrote:
I built a customized, bootable CD-ROM for installing Red Hat Linux 9 where I work. The CD contains only the packages I want to install. The CD actually works very well but I would like to make it more hands off.

I would like to remove the step where the kickstart program asks the users "What type of media contains the packages to be installed?" The default option is Local CDROM, but I would like the computer to simply assume CDROM and continue without showing this screen. Does anyone know how to skip this step?

Put 'cdrom' on a single line in the ks.cfg file:

lang en_US
langsupport en_US
network --bootproto dhcp
cdrom