Re: Editing Kickstart in VI

Robert Denton wrote:
Here is a question for you VI afficionados.  I regularly edit my kickstart
scripts in vi.  One day I somehow inadvertently cause all occurances of
mkdir in the %post portion of the script to appear in white with a yellow
background (as opposed to putty's typical black).  Does anyone know how to
change it back? It is virtually unreadable as it is, not to mention
annoying.  I believe I failed to hit 'i' for insert mode, and then tried to
create a commented line.  Any help would be great.  Thanks. R.

It probably searched for mkdir and highlighted them. In vi, try typing `/qqqq` (search for qqqq, which it shouldn't find).

Forrest