RE: capturing other tty's over serial

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Egan Ford wrote:

> IMHO, serial is the way to go.  If you want to capture the output use
> conserver with your terminal server.
>
> I would also like to see kickstart send useful data to syslog.
>
> I setup syslog in my post and use logger to send errors and status to
> syslog.

busybox can be built to do syslogd, though I don't recall whether it
logs remotely. If not, it shouldn't be hard to make it log to (say) the
tftpserver if you're using one, or perhaps to add something like
"loghost=logger.example.com" to the kernel commandline and have Anaconda
process it properly.

--
Please, reply only to the list.