preventing partition table from clearing

I'm trying to get my "ks.cfg" to format and partition
my
/dev/hda.  However, I have an /dev/hdb that exists and
don't want it touched in anyway.  My current setup
clears
my partition table (but doesn't format) on /dev/hdb
every
time , even though I didn't tell it to.  This is what
have for it:

clearpart --drives hda
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 64
part swap --size 2048
part / --fstype ext3 --size 4096 --grow --asprimary

Shouldn't simply not "clearpart"ing hdb not ruin its table?