RE: Re: help:PXE and kickstart config file

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, elechen wrote:

> But when I restart the machines, then after loading the kernel, a window prompted on machines and let me to choose network device is eth0 or eth1.
> Becuase I don't know the network device on these machines, I can not set ksdevice=eth0 or eth1 deforehand in default configuration file.
>
> How can I let installation program probe all of network device automatically and then choose the network device depending on dhcp feedback info?

AAH!! Now I understand the question, unfortunately I do not have an answer.
I do not know if it is possible. Maybe there is a way to have anaconda detect
which nic is plugged into the network and use that nic for install. That
would be a good feature but I do not know if it is possible.

As a workaround since this happens early in the boot process can't you just
pick the correct interface and let the install proceed?? I know that is
not elegant but.....

Sorry.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org