RE: Re: help:PXE and kickstart config file

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, elechen wrote:
>
> > But when I restart the machines, then after loading the kernel, a window prompted on machines and let me to choose network device is eth0 or eth1.
> > Becuase I don't know the network device on these machines, I can not set ksdevice=eth0 or eth1 deforehand in default configuration file.
> >
> > How can I let installation program probe all of network device automatically and then choose the network device depending on dhcp feedback info?
>
> AAH!! Now I understand the question, unfortunately I do not have an answer.
> I do not know if it is possible. Maybe there is a way to have anaconda detect
> which nic is plugged into the network and use that nic for install. That
> would be a good feature but I do not know if it is possible.

It's possible, even disirable, but it requires patching Anaconda.

I suggest you identify where the message pops up, and change the code to
just try to configure all the NICs it's found. Mostly, only one will
configure using DHCP _and_ be able to access server.

--
Please, reply only to the list.