Re: using kickstart to run a single command

Yes, they have a linux client.

Philip Rowlands wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Patty O'Reilly wrote:

Hum, the machine will need to get rebooted and has to find the DOS
partition. I guess you could install lilo on the MBR and have it boot
DOS, then copy the Windows boot sector to the DOS partition. I've never
tried this.

LILO would work to chain the DOS loader, but some of the disk geometry
lives in the partition boot sector.

My project runs DOS's sys.com under FreeDOS, then corrects the number of
"hidden" sectors.

Correct. Then in myscript.sh, partition the disk, copy the files, write
config.sys and autoexec.bat, and make it bootable (this is the hard
part).

Except I don't think this is necessary. I think once I hand control to the PowerQuest app, it will take care of the rest. I'll let the list know if it works.

This PowerQuest thing runs in Linux?

Cheers, Phil