Re: kickstart monitor

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 18:02, Egan Ford wrote:
> I am creating a small python daemon that gets starting in %pre to allow remote
> access to a node during install.  The purpose is to monitor the installation of
> a large number of machines in a more automated fashion.
>
> Are they any files that I can tail to get the status of the installation?

You don't say what release, but assuming something "recent", the
following are kind of useful.

/tmp/anaconda.log - the stuff that gets output to tty3
/tmp/syslog - kernel messages
/mnt/sysimage/root/install.log - package installation progress
/mnt/sysimage/root/install.log.syslog - syslog for the install
/mnt/sysimage/root/upgrade.log - package installation progress on
  upgrade

Cheers,

Jeremy