Re: kickstart monitor

I put sshd, ntpdate, reboot, and vcs in my %pre if anyone's interested:

http://www.cpqlinux.com/ks-pre-sshd.html

For those unaware, ssh can provide file transfers as well as run arbitrary
commands and via vcs is able to view text screens.

ssh root 192 168 0 101 "cat /dev/vcs1"
ssh root 192 168 0 101 "(cd /tmp && tar -cf - syslog)" | (cd /var/ftp/pub/logs && tar -xvf -)
ssh root 192 168 0 101 "reboot"

--RB

Egan Ford wrote:

I am creating a small python daemon that gets starting in %pre to allow remote
access to a node during install.  The purpose is to monitor the installation of
a large number of machines in a more automated fashion.

Are they any files that I can tail to get the status of the installation?

Thanks.