building distro CD's

Hi,

I have been looking for some direction in building my own distro CD's
for RH9, including in the distro some custom RPMS, the updates that are
required, etc.

I have found a few mailing list entries that talk about doing it, but in
general they say use "genhdlist", which I have only been able to find as
an old copy from 2002 or somewhere around there. It wants to use a
module called URPM.pm, which is too old to run on rh9 (ie wants old
library modules etc, old version of perl).

So in general, without these tools, how do I construct my own cd's for
the distro, or is it just easier to leave them where they are on an http
server and kickstart from there?

thanks, Gillian