Re: RH8 Package specification in Kickstart

Dave -

I have been installing specific packages for quite a while, though never on RH 8. But I imagine
that you may have run into a problem which I discovered. You problem may not be a problem of
dependencies, but rather of duplication. I would get anaconda errors if I put something in the
%packages section if it was already being installed because it was included by the comps file,
either in the Base install, or one of the groups I may have selected.

I hope this helps.

- Mark

Dave Mackintosh wrote:

Hi Richard

Hmmm... to generate the list of packages, I did a rpm -qa on a sample machine
and then stripped off the version information. So I had assumed that the dependancies were all taken care of.

Is order important in the %packages section?

If I said %packages --resolve-deps, would the installer automatically satisfy
otherwise unspecified dependancies?