Re: Ctrl-Alt-F3 Broken?

Steve,

I'm sorry, Ctrl-Alt-F3 is not available during the kickstart :) After the kickstart, everything works fine. It's when /sbin/loader is done (text mode) and starts Anaconda in X, Ctrl-Alt-F3, F4, or even F2 for the shell do not work.

/Brian/

Steven Rogers wrote:

Look in the /etc/inittab file and see if the mingetty's have been removed.

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

Either that you forgot to install the mingetty-*.rpm

Steven

-----Original Message----- From: kickstart-list-admin redhat com [mailto:kickstart-list-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Brian Long Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:49 PM To: kickstart-list redhat com Subject: Ctrl-Alt-F3 Broken?

Hello,

We have a heavily-customized RH 7.3 distro where we've integrated KDE 3.1.4, Ximian Desktop 2 and XFree86 4.3.0. During kickstart, we've noticed the alternate screens like Ctrl-Alt-F2, F3, F4 no longer work. Originally we thought it was because we had removed the XFree3* RPMs from our distro and anaconda relied on them.

Any ideas what would stop Ctrl-Alt-F3 from working? Is it some interraction problem between anaconda + XFree 4.3?

Thanks.

/Brian/