Re: Cat command in the %post

The installer (and alt-F2 bash prompt) work out of a ramdisk.
"%post --nochroot" works out of a ramdisk
"%post" works out of /mnt/sysimage which is the hard drive

You can have multiple %post and %post --nochroot sections.

--RB

Rebecca R Hepper seagate com wrote:

Hello All,

I am working with RedHat 9.0.  In my %pre section I determine the type of
hard drives and create a file containing the drive type as shown below:

echo "ide" > /tmp/drivetype

In my %post section I try to read the info from that file into a variable:

%post
driveType=`cat /tmp/drivetype`

I receive the following error message during the %post:  cat:
/tmp/drivetype: No such file or directory

If I go to the alt-F2 window, I see the file and can do a 'cat' on it.

What is going on?

Thanks!