Re: Cat command in the %post

Thanks!!  That was my problem.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Philip Rowlands     |
|         |           <phr doc ic ac uk>  |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           kickstart-list-admin|
|         |           @redhat.com         |
|         |           No Phone Info       |
|         |           Available           |
|         |                               |
|         |           10/23/2003 08:14 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           kickstart-list      |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  |       To:       kickstart-list redhat com                                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Cat command in the %post                                                                                 |

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 Rebecca R Hepper seagate com wrote:

>Thanks for all the replies.
>
>Now I have two post sections as shown below:
>
>%post --nochroot
>mv /tmp/drivetype /mnt/sysimage/tmp/drivetype
>
>%post
>driveType=`cat  /mnt/sysimage/tmp/drivetype`
>
>I still get the following error from the second post section:
>cat:  /mnt/sysimage/tmp/drivetype:  No such file or directory
>
>Have I still got something messed up?

Yes :)

When in "%post --nochroot" scripts, you must use /mnt/sysimage to access
the newly installed system.

When in "%post" scripts, you must use / to access the newly installed
system.

You used /mnt/sysimage in a %post script, which doesn't exist.

Cheers,
Phil