Re: dialog --inputbox in %pre

So after you ask for information in the pre section, where do you store it? I need to ask for a hostname, which will be applied in post

thanks,
matt

Philip Rowlands wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Alexander Rau (private) wrote:

I trying to use dialog --inputbox boxes in my %pre section.

Inputboxes offer the choice to cancel the input process. Is there any
way to avoid/disable this since I do not want to allow the user to end
the script prematurely?

man dialog says:

--no-cancel

       --nocancel
        Suppress the "Cancel" button in checklist, inputbox and
	menu box modes.  A script can still test if the user pressed the
        ESC key to cancel to quit.

Cheers, Phil