Re: How to install over eth2?

I still can't figure this one out. The machine boots fine and executes my script when I break vmlinuz and initrd.img out of the 2880K file and dump them in /tftpboot. But when I put the thing back together, it just hangs after displaying

Is this correct for /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/syslinux.cfg:

default diskimage-2880
prompt 1
timeout 40
label localboot
localboot 0
label diskimage-1440
kernel memdisk
append initrd=images/boot1440.img
label diskimage-2880
kernel memdisk
append initrd=images/boot2880.img
label rh9-install
kernel rh9-vmlinuz
append ks=nfs:129.46.64.174:/vol/vol0/redhat/PowerQuest/ks.cfg initrd=rh9-initrd.img network profile=spec20

There is a syslinux.cfg file in /tftpboot. Does this file get read when doing a memdisk disk image type install? I had it in there for the label (above) rh9-install which reads the file directly from the /tftpboot directory and needs to know where to find the ks.cfg file.

There is only one NIC in the client, eth0.

This is most frustrating!

--patty

Richard Black wrote:

Could it have something to do with the multiple "device eth" lines? Have you tried only having a single "device eth" line and have the ksdevice=eth2 in syslinux.cfg?

--RB

- m o N Z o n - wrote:

Hi folks,

My kickstart install does not seem to recognize the ks.cfg static ip info for eth0 and eth2 and immediately sets eth0 to DHCP. The following is an excerpt of my ks.cfg:

lang en_US
langsupport --default en_US en_US
keyboard us
mouse none
skipx
device eth e100 --opts "e100_speed_duplex=4"
device eth e100 --opts "e100_speed_duplex=4"
device eth e100 --opts "e100_speed_duplex=4" <--- works fine till this line
network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd --netmask 255.255.255.240 <--- does not work as expected from here on
network --device eth2 --bootproto static --ip www.xxx.yyy.zzz --netmask 255.255.255.192 --gateway www.xxx.yyy.1