RE: new release?

There are patch clusters for 2.5.1:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/patches/indexRec.html

>From the patch readme:
NAME: Solaris 2.5.1 Recommended Patch Cluster
DATE: Sep/25/03

Thanks,
Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Jim Wildman
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 2:23 PM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: RE: new release?

Sun does not supply patches for anything older than 2.7.

We don't know the numbers, but apparently (since RH is a business), the
"many" weren't buying enough to foot the bill for the boxed sets.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, rmck wrote:

> So If your running an app on RH 9.0 when Fedora or even Red Hat
Professional Workstation comes out you can't get any support/patches/rpms
for it?? Will there be the option to upgrade to Fedora if you are already
running an older version? Or do you have to buy Fedora then you can upgrade?

> That doesn't seem like good buisness to me, there are so many customers
using these versions (7.3,8.0,9.0) that basically your telling the customer
what to do. Isn't the customer always right?