NFS based KS file....

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sat Apr 17 23:46:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Neil Stone wrote:

>I intend to use kickstart as a method to automate the installation of
>systems. However these systems do not have a floppy drive.. they DO have
>a CD drive, but I would much prefer to be able to create a kickstart
>file which could reside on a server (or perhaps a CDROM) and install
>over the LAN.
>
>Does anyone have knowledge on how to do this ??
>
>Also is LVM supported in the KS installs yet ?

Neil at R-T-F-M.org.uk, RTFM!

Yes, the kickstart file can live on an NFS server, and kickstart can be
initated from a bootable CD. LVM is supported in recent versions of
anaconda.

For the latest kickstart docs, read here:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/pt-install-info.html

Cheers,
Phil