Multiple ks.cfg o a cdrom

Christophe Sahut csahut at lynuxtraining.com
Tue Apr 20 13:32:04 UTC 2004

Bodle, Donald E wrote:
> Sorry about the word wrap or cut and paste problem.  Try this again:
>
> root > cat boot/syslinux.cfg
> implicit 1
> prompt 1
> display reyboot.msg
> label i
>   kernel vmlinuz
>   append ks=file:/install.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount
> label r
>   kernel vmlinuz
>   append ks=file:/reload.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount
>
> install.cfg and reload.cfg are embedded in initrd.img:
>
> root > ls initrd
> bin  etc          linuxrc     modules  reload.cfg  tmp
> dev  install.cfg  lost+found  proc     sbin        var

Thank you, it works now. The problem was that I read somewhere to put
ks.cfg and others .cfg in the /tmp directory of the initrd. Which is
wrong (at least on rh as, and probably on RH 7.x,maybe it's true for
Redhat 9 and FC).

It is stange because I'm sure I tried something like

  linux ks=hd:hdc:/tmp/ks.cfg

which should do the same thing... (hdc is my cdrom drive)

--
cs