Install of rpm packages in %post - script

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Tue Apr 20 15:20:28 UTC 2004

Here's  more elegant way doing of what you are trying to accomplish %post:

%post
updfstab
mount /mnt/cdrom >>/tmp/mount.log 2>&1
cp -f /mnt/cdrom/custom.tar.gz /root
cd /root
gunzip custom.tar.gz
tar -xf custom.tar
rm custom.tar

The updfstab updates the /etc/fstab on the system, creating the necessary
entry for /mnt/cdrom so you don't have to type in all that extra stuff.
You don't need the --nochroot.

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394

"Martin Siddall" <MSiddall at imaginativeit.co.uk>
Sent by: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
04/20/2004 05:47 AM
Please respond to MSiddall; Please respond to Discussion list about
Kickstart