Fedora Core 2 Test 2 kickstart problems

Brad Doctor bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Tue Apr 20 20:10:23 UTC 2004

Actually, one other thing.  The FC installers (core-1) have issue with some CDrom drives
and I have had excellent luck appending allowcddma to the options, as shown
in this isolinux.cfg:

prompt 1
display general.msg
label install
  kernel vmlinuz
    append ks=cdrom:/install_ks.cfg initrd=install_initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192 allowcddma

The symptoms are that on certain hardware, the installation will fail at random
times.  With the allowcddma appended, the issues are gone and the installation goes a lot
faster.  No other compatibility issues have been noticed.
-brad

Brad Doctor, CISSP