LVM + Kickstart + rhel3-ES

Wehner, Robert Robert.Wehner at McKesson.com
Wed Apr 21 18:07:45 UTC 2004

What does your ks.cfg look like? The partitioning part should have entries
that look something like this sample (at least this works for me with RHEL
ES 3.0):

#/boot and swap can't be LVM
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=52 --asprimary
part swap --size=2045

# here's the LVM stuff
part pv.00 --size=10000
volgroup VG00 pv.00
logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=lvol0 --vgname=VG00 --size=1024

Etc.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Stone [mailto:Neil at R-T-F-M.Org.Uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 11:58 AM
To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: LVM + Kickstart + rhel3-ES

I am having problems when trying to combine the above.. I know that the
installer for rhel3 lets you configure LVM and install time.. that being
the case you should be able to configure LVM in ks right ?? well i can't
get it working..

The installer gets to the point wehre it would create the partitions and
it falls over badly... even more annoying is the fact that the other
partitions that were in place before have already been nuked... oops...

Ho hum.. I look forward to answers on this...

Neil