Booting from a SCSI using an Adaptec 7896

mbox mbarsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 04:49:37 UTC 2004

It does happen to be that board, however, the information provided
didn't seem to help.

However, I was able to install RedHat on an IDE drive and then load the
module by hand.  This worked fine.

Wouldn't this imply that it is the module in the initrd that is having
the problem?

Or could there possibly need to be a different module loaded along with
the aic7xxx?

What could I do now that would possibly allow me to install the system
on this SCSI drive?

Mike