Kickstart using USB Flash Drive

Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com Rebecca.R.Hepper at seagate.com
Thu Apr 29 14:11:16 UTC 2004

I am utilizing the pxeboot image now.  When I used the instructions Samuel
sent to create a bootable flash drive, I used the initrd.img from the
pxeboot directory rather than the usual initrd.img.

Thanks for the assistance!

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "Ryan Golhar"         |
|         |           <ryangolhar at verizon.ne|
|         |           t>                    |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           kickstart-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com           |
|         |           No Phone Info         |
|         |           Available             |
|         |                                 |
|         |           04/29/2004 09:06 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           golharam; Please      |
|         |           respond to Discussion |
|         |           list about Kickstart  |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'Discussion list about Kickstart'" <kickstart-list at redhat.com>                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: Kickstart using USB Flash Drive                                                                          |

I believe you need to dd the whole disk image and not just initrd.img.
vmlinuz needs to be located on the first sector to boot.

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu