Providing ks.cfg with dhcp

Joseph Glass jglass at liquidweb.com
Thu Apr 29 23:13:22 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to provide my ks.cfg over dhcp so I only need to type 'linux
ks' at the boot prompt.  The dhcpd/kickstart server are on the same
machine (192.168.0.1.)  dhcp works, as well as kickstart if I run the
following command manually:

linux ks=nfs:192.168.0.1:/home/kickstart/rh9.cfg

In my dhcpd.conf file, I added following line in the subnet {} section:

filename "/home/kickstart/ks.cfg";

My /etc/exports file contains the following:

/home/kickstart *(ro)

The error I get is:

bootp: no bootfile received

Then it proceeds to look for the kickstart file at
nfs:192.168.0.1:/kickstart/kickstart-192.168.0.18

Any suggestions?

Thanks for helping me with the question about using perl in %pre.  Since
you can't use perl in %pre from just the install CD, I ended up porting
my script to python which works well.  And I learned a new programming
language in the process :).

Thank you.

--
Joseph Glass