Providing ks.cfg with dhcp

Kelly Brown kbbrown at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 30 17:18:54 UTC 2004

Assuming that you didn't do a typo with the rh9.cfg/ks.cfg thing...

You might want to try this in your dhcpd.conf
	host your_hostname { hardware ethernet your_ethernet_address;
filename "/home/kickstart/ks.cfg"; }

dhcpd should log to your messages log with syslog so if it's not working
it might give you a clue.

The alternate file it's looking for is a default location that ks looks
for so you could always create a link there and leave all of file stuff
out of dhcp.

Also you don't need to type 'linux ks' apparently it works but 'ks' is
enough.

Hope this helps.
-Kelly