Removing @Base from kickstart package list with satellite

David Johnson johnsond at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 14:19:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:44, Jason Kohles wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 04:28:16PM -0400, Mike McLean wrote:
> > Don't forget dialup (base requires it).
> > Note, however, there are a few non-mandatory packages in the these
> > groups.  You can tell anaconda not to install these by listing them
> > with a "-".  For example:
> >
> Not when you are kickstarting from a satellite server, one of it's many
> limitations is you can only specify packages to include, not exclude.

Apologies for the late post, but I thought I'd clear up this
misconception.  Kickstarting from a Satellite server (ala RHN
Provisioning) actually does allow one to exclude packages, just fine.
Simple prefix the package name(s) with "-", just as you would in a
kickstart config without the Satellite.

This is true now and was true in July, based on my personal experience.
Cheers,
--
David Johnson, RHCE             Red Hat, Inc.
Enterprise Sales Engineer       214.435.2256