Intel EE1000 KS Network Connectivity Issue

Andy Ciordia andy.ciordia at pgdc.com
Tue Aug 17 14:38:22 UTC 2004

I've finally gotten all of the PE1750/2450/etcs out and PXE/KS/RHN'd all
out, wonderful setup.  Now I'm heading to what I thought was shooting
fish in a barrel by working on this array of PE750's we have.  All with
onboard Intel gigabit cards.   As soon as I see it my mind has the image
of this list having talks about what a pain they are.. well I indeed run
into the wall of PXE knows the card is there and offloads it to the PXE
server w/kernel, all load fine, but then once there the kernel/install
does not communicate with the card.

I did a bit of diligence and for some reason I can't find recent
communications on this problem, but I did dig up back in 2002 talks
about this issue and people injecting the module into the vmlinuz-pxe
file.  I was hoping that two years later this problem had met a better
resolution and so I am probing for a pointer, a clue, or best-practice
for handling this problem.

-a

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer